Phalloplasty or Penile Enhancement
Penis enlargement or penile enhancement, also known as phalloplasty, is a surgical procedure that can permanently increase the length of the penis, usually by slightly more than an inch. Other penile procedures are available that can increase the circumference, or girth, of the penis. There are non-surgical options also exist for penile enhancement, though they may not have permanent results. These type of procedures focus on a renewed sense of well-being and improved self-assurance.
Are you a good candidate for penis enlargement?
When to Consider Penis Enlargement Surgery:
- If you feel that your penis is very small in proportion to your body size or want a larger penis
- If you have been diagnosed as having micropenis (an erect penis of 3 inches or less) or Peyronie’s disease (a bent or painful erection)
- If you think you would gain self-confidence or improved sexual function from such a procedure
Many men who consider enlargement surgery have also considered other procedures such as liposuction, abdominalplasty or abdominal etching (six pack procedure), pectoral implants or gynecomastia (male breast reduction).
Considerations of Penis Enlargement Surgery:
- Increased width and length of your penis
- Increased self-esteem and confidence
- Enhanced sense of masculinity and potency
- Increased sexual function from improved self-confidence
- There may be no significant increase in the width or size of your penis
- There may be reduced sensation, less rigid erections and scarring.
- The procedure is irreversible
These are some of the pros and cons when considering penis enlargement. If you want to focus on those specifically unique to you, please consult with your surgeon. If you are in good general health and have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this procedure.